It’s football Sunday (Go Pack Go!), and you know what that means… Beer and comfort food!! In order to soak up some of the suds I’ll be sipping, I needed to have a hearty meal on-hand. What better than baked potato soup in the slow cooker with some crusty French bread for dipping purposes?
- 2 lb bag small red potatoes
- 2 cans condensed cream of celery soup (cream of broccoli/mushroom would also work)
- 1 can 2% evaporated milk
- 1/2 c. low fat sour cream
- 2 1/2 c. water
- 6 slices thick cut bacon (or 1/4 c bacon bits) – omit this for Meatless Monday
- 1 sweet onion
- 1/2 tbsp white pepper
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp dried dill
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 loaf french bread
- 1 c. shredded cheese (I use sharp cheddar or a Mexican blend)
- 1 bunch chives
Chop red potatoes into 1″ pieces and place in slow cooker. Pour in soup & water, then stir. Fry or microwave bacon. Chop onion and bacon finely and add to mixture. Stir in spices. Cook on low for 7 hours or high for 4 hours. Once cooked, stir in evaporated milk and sour cream till blended. Add more spice to taste and top with shredded cheese and chopped chives. Serve with crusty French bread.
Serves: 6; Time: 15 minutes prep; 4-7 hours cooking time.
Craft beer pairing: Bourbon County Stout or Stone Ruination Imperial IPA
No outside link- this one is all mine